Saturday, May 19, 2007

Wikipedia Wrap Up

Before this class started I barely had any knowledge of the Wikipedia web site, however, after this project I feel pretty comfortable with it. It was interesting to add information which I thought others would find interesting to the web site, and then have that information be available to millions of people across the world. I was annoyed at how quick some of my information was removed from the website. However, there are several posts that I made which are still on each of the articles from weeks ago. It is good to know that at least someone values the information that I put up.

Individually, my Wu-Tang wikipedia article kept two edits. Those referring to the Wu-Tang Manual, and also the Think Differently Music additions. My fishing article kept my link to the National Fishing and Wildlife hyperlink. My surfing article kept my added hyperlink to Global Surfing News. Finally, my Palm Beach Gardens article kept the most additions, including my hyperlink to the local weather, my addition informing visitors about the local medical center, and also my final addition about the Palm Beach Zoo.

No comments: